0Comments

Feeling Grateful & Giving Thanks

Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is here and we're getting closer to wrapping up 2008. It's been a year full of ups and downs. So much has happened. And, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, it's good to reflect on all the blessings God has given me. I'm sitting here in my cozy little home with my healthy little energizer bunny (my son) and a great man I'm proud to call my husband. I'm not rich in money, but rich in all the important things in life. The things that memories are made of and will last a lifetime, my family and my friends. Sunday I came across an article in the paper about the St. Jude Hospital and I started thinking about all those families who will be spending their holidays in a hospital desperately hoping for the recovery of their little ones. It reminded me that although my little energizer bunny gives me a run for my money, he's healthy and full of life. What a blessing. St. Jude Hospital has raised the survival rate for the most common form of childhood cancer, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, from just 4 percent in 1962 to 94 percent today. What an accomplishment. St. Jude never turns it's back on any of the children seeking it's help because of inability to pay. They pay for everything — food, travel, and lodging for all the families. This Thanksgiving, I wanted to show my gratitude for my healthy little boy by giving to those who are not. Every Thanksgiving St. Jude Hospital runs it's Thanks and Giving Campaign. You can donate just $1 at participating stores. Eighty-five cents of every dollar received supports the research and treatment at St. Jude. My donation will be made in memory of my wonderful mother-in-law who I miss and think of everyday. She was always thinking of others and I wanted to honor her memory this holiday season. Times may be tough for some of us at the moment, but we can all afford to give that one dollar. So as you're out doing your Christmas shopping give thanks for the healthy kids in your life and give to those who are not.



0 Comments: