12Comments

Just a Little Catching-up

Today, I just wanted to play a little catch-up on some awards that were given to me way back in 2009. It took a little digging but I think I found them all. (Facebookers, don't roll your eyes at me.)

I got this Lovely one from Richele @ Under the Golden Apple Tree.


For some reason she thinks my blog is lovely and for that I say, {{{THANKS, RICHELE !!!}}}. It was lovely of you to think of lil'O'me. I've been doing a lot of blog jogging lately and I've also run into some pretty lovely blogs that are new-to-me.

It's with great honor that I pass along the lovely award to the following 15 4 (this post is long enough as it is):
  • A Joyful Chaos: If you haven't run across this lovely blog, you should definitely check it out! Stories of her Amish childhood intrigue me to the point of wanting to read more and more and more. It's like a good book you can't put down and I'm sure you'll love it too.
  • Families Are Fun!: Sherri loves spending quality time with her 5 (That's right! I said 5) kids and you'll love spending your quality time at her lovely blog.
  • The 6 La La's: If you saw my last post, then you probably recognize the name. And yeah, I still La La Love the sound of it. Not only does this lovely blog have a lovely name, but there's also a lot of love put into it. Laura has a great Valentines Day (or maybe I should say - DAYS) tradition called The Fourteen Days of Love. And the love doesn't end there. She and Sherri are also participating in The Love Dare. I'll eventually do it myself, but I'm so glad I found these two ladies because since seeing the movie Fireproof, I've been wanting to do my own Love Dare and it's nice to see it being played out in real-life.
  • No Time for Flash Cards: This one I just found yesterday. I love it because it's full of great learning activities that are perfect for me to enjoy with Mason. One of my New Year's resolutions is to get out the plastic scissors and glue and do more hands on activities with him. I look forward to exploring this lovely little blog.
My friend Cathy at Tales of the TCKK Family welcomed me into her circle of friends with this next award. You know what comes next - another little list.


5 Things I LOVE to Do
  • marathons
  • scuba diving
  • sky diving
  • ballroom dancing
  • cleaning bathrooms
Just Kidding... I was just seeing if I could pull your legs and I'm sure you didn't fall for it. I've never done any of those, well except that last one but I hate every minute of it.

Moving it along.... I received a really sweet award (believe it or not - THIS WEEK) from Bridget @ Among the Chaos.


I must confess
10 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF


I guess I should start by coming clean about
5 things I REALLY, TRULY, HONESTLY DO love doing.
  • Cooking
  • Eating (I'll eat just about anything. *See 5 More Things About Me)
  • Being silly with my little sidekick.
  • Blogging til the cows come home (or better yet, til Mason says, "Hold you?")
  • Going places (It's been a LONG week. Mason's been sick so our home has been our oyster. Ummmm, oysters, that sounds yummy.)
5 More Things About Me?
  • I want to use my sewing machine but I don't have a clue how
  • My husband was my first and ONLY boyfriend when I was 18. I still can't believe I got it right the first time.
  • Some people think I'm quite but they just haven't gotten to know me.
  • I'm not picky.
  • Things I've eaten ( AND WILL EAT AGAIN): Liver mush, escargot, cow's tongue (don't knock it til you try it), sushi, brussel sprouts, spinach, shrimp, grits, shrimp & grits, all things coffee, all things spicy (to a certain degree), palmitos (palm tree), squirrel (My husband's fault and that's one I WON'T be doing again), and of course oysters. I think I've eaten alligator too at some point. The list goes on and on.... I told ya I'm not picky.
  • (one more little thing for good measure) I love saying "little".
So that's it. Thanks to all the ladies for passing along the awards. It's nice to know y'all care :o)

12 Comments:

Sherri said...

THANK YOU!
You have lifted my spirits twice today!!!!
Thank you for the wonderful lead to others!
I am so excited to keep up on your blog!

Cathy said...

Great post. Congrats on all the awards. You deserve them my friend. Now I'm on my way to check out some of the blogs you recommended.

Laura said...

Thank you for your shout out about my blog, that was so sweet! I'll check out the other blogs you suggested too!
As for your yucky food list, YUCK and you're funny!
As for skydiving and scuba diving, you should try those, they are a BLAST!!! :-)

Andrea said...

Congratulations. I love your blog. You always brighten my day whether here or at 5 moms and a blog.
Hugs, prayers, and blessings, andrea

A Joyful Chaos said...

I am honored that You think my blog is worthy of an award! Thank-you!

Mich said...

Congrats on all your awards!

Richele McFarlin said...

I sure do think your blog is lovely! I don't get around as much as I'd like to make comments but I do try to read.

Amber said...

Hey, Miti!! Thanks for cruisin' over by my place!!! :)

Your son is beautiful! And seriously? You've eaten cow tongue? Really? I don't know if I should be impressed or grossed out!

So nice to meet you!!! :)

E @ Scottsville said...

Congrats on your awards, Miti!!!

I've been so out of the loop and I don't know if I'll ever, ever, ever catch up once I start the new job. No more blogging and FaceBooking from work anymore.

But I miss you!

Sherri said...

Miti,
I am so excited that you are going to do the Love Dare...you should do a 30 day dare and just start from where we are...and then we can all help each other!!! =)

He & Me + 3 said...

How cool that your hubs was your first boyfriend. YOu go girl. Congrats on all your awards. Boy have I been missing posts.

christy rose said...

Wow! Look at all of your awards. People like you!!!! Yay! :) You have eaten some really different things. I am not picky either. I love lots of different foods but I am not so sure about trying liver mush or cows tongue. I just don't think I could do it. :)