10Comments

A Sleeping Giant

Last week I shared with you the field of sunshine that my sister and brother-in-law came across while on their way to visit one of Costa Rica's main attractions. Today, I'm taking you to their final destination. The scenery comes for the Irazu Volcano. The name Irazu comes from an Indian word which means 'thunder and earthquake mountain'. It's the largest and tallest volcano in Costa Rica. The unusual greenish coloring of the lake at the Diego de la Haya Crater is caused by rainfall dissolving the minerals along the craters walls. It's last major eruption occured in 1963, oddly enough, while President John F. Kennedy was visitng. I'm guessing it was too much excitment for this volcano to contain itself. Today, this giant is peacefully sleeping, but no one knows for sure when he will wake. What a wonder!



****************************************
PiecesofMe

Sometimes we are so busy with everyday life that we forget to appreciate the beauty that God has placed before us. Scenic Sundays are about stopping and smelling the roses. And while you're smelling those roses, take a picture so that others can share in your appreciation for the beauty of His creation. So pretty please come join us for Scenic Sundays. Maybe we'll see things in a different light.

(You're welcomed to join in any day.)
*****************************************


10 Comments:

Through My Own Lens said...

Nice photo and what a great story!

McCrakensx4 said...

Great pic. I hope you get there soon! And I really like your new header!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Very cool looking picture. I love your new header too. Super cute.

Sheila said...

Hi Miti! Happy to be participating this week. The pics of Costa Rica are gorgeous. I also love your new profile pic!

MamaBear said...

Thanks for hosting this Miti - I'm having a blast digging up old photos!

I'm not familiar with that volcano - we did ride part way up Arenal on horseback one day.

Nieman Family said...

I like the new header...Great picture too.

Anonymous said...

That is really neat! Thanks for hosting and sharing :)

Sara Chapman in Seattle said...

Your volcano is exciting! I've posted a river in Reno, very scenic. Thanks for being so flexible with the day of the week.

Linda said...

Hi Miti! Thanks for visiting, and thanks for the invitation. I'll hope to post something this Sunday, although it's going to be a VERY busy day. Still, your reminder to stop and smell the roses will do me good.

Linda said...

Hi Miti! Thanks for visiting, and thanks for the invitation. I'll hope to post something this Sunday, although it's going to be a VERY busy day. Still, your reminder to stop and smell the roses will do me good.