9Comments
THE LOVE DARE
Day 15

LOVE IS HONORABLE

Live with your wives in an understanding way...and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life. -1 Peter 3:7

TODAY'S DARE
Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eye!

**************************
To honor your loved one is to regard or treat them with respect. I believe that a marriage without respect, is a marriage bond to lose it's ground. If you respect one another, then your foundation will be strong and if your foundation is strong then the relationship will endure the test of time.

One way to show honor is to stand behind each others' decisions. I trust Brad's judgment and I know he has the knowledge to make wise decisions. I make it a point to treat him as I would like to be treated. After all, to get respect you must earn respect and earning it means considering the other's thoughts and feelings.

But it's not only in how you treat each other. It's also in how you teach your children to treat your spouse. If I see Mason's being disrespectful towards his daddy, then I let him know that it's wrong. As the heads of a family, parents need to have each other's support.


9 Comments:

littletoesandcheerios said...

I so need to buy this book! Keep it up girl!

Bridget said...

What a great perspective you have! I feel like finding the deck of Love Dare cards that my Stepmother bought us to try it out.

Mich said...

Keep going...god is going to bless this journey you are taking.

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome Miti. I am loving this. I gotta get my book out and join in.

Sherri said...

I agree 100%!
that was well written!
Your a good mommy and wife!!!!

Katrina said...

I've done this dare... it's awesome! By the way I have an award for you on my blog!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love this idea of the Love Dare. We all need to keep making our families a priority! Thanks for the inspiration!
Rebecca of the R&W Gals

Laura said...

Those are exactly my thoughts as well - well said. I'm loving these challenges! :-)

christy rose said...

Amen! Parents need to know that the other person has their back no matter what. Love what you are learning and sharing Miti.